We invite applications for several postdoctoral fellow positions to work on research projects in Department of Chemical & Materials Engineering at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We plan to have the successful candidate pursue promising leads in the area of colloid and interface, soft matter physics, nanofluid phase behavior, mineral processing or oil sands extraction. The positions are 1-2 year with the possibility for renewal.
1. To conduct high quality research under the guidance of senior researchers.
2. To develop relevant experiments, data processing and interpretation and theoretic analysis, and co-supervise postgraduates and undergraduate research students.
3. To prepare manuscripts for publication in high impact journals and abstracts for international conferences.
4. To keep abreast of international research trends and outcomes in relevant areas, and make significant contributions to the advancement of fundamental knowledge and its applications.
5. To maintain contact with relevant departments of universities and other institutions and liaise actively with international collaborators.
6. To be familiar with all relevant laboratory safety codes and practices.
1. PhD or equivalent research experience in the field of physical chemistry, colloid and interface, thermodynamics, mineral processing, nanomaterials, inorganic chemistry, or experimental microfluid dynamics.
2. Highly developed skills in construction of phase diagrams, surface functionalization, confocal microscopy, atomic force microscopy and molecular spectrometers.
3. Demonstrated ability to undertake independent research evidenced by publications, and development of new research initiatives.
4. Demonstrated initiative in research and problem solving and interest in interdisciplinary research.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a research team.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with students, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
7. Self-starter and motivator with the mind-set of focusing on deliverables and getting the job done in time.
To Apply: Application instructions. Forward your CV and contact information for three references to:
Professor Xuehua Zhang
Closing date: Will be open until the position(s) are filled.